Saturday 19 June 2010

The Nearly Extinct: Manila Zoo

Aged elephant, shy hippo, balding ostrich, lazy tigers, domesticated monkeys -- These are the few remaining animals left of Manila Zoo. For the past two decades, I have witnessed the drastic change of the place... pairs or herds of animals have mostly gone solo... worse, some of which are nowhere to be found... have gone extinct.



I can still recall feeding a giraffe when I was little but I wasn't able to see it last week... and if I remember it well, not even two years ago. It's just frustrating to know that there's nothing left of these common animal species for the kids to see (in the flesh) and soon, they would have to settle for pictures.

As I can't remember having a single photo of me in this zoo, I took the opportunity to capture the nearly extinct Manila Zoo.

aged elephant

albino python


balding ostrich


drunk crocodile



lazy tiger



sleeping boar

wounded python

*Migrated blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...